We consider manuscript refereeing as a highly-regarded and honorable service to the readers and to the scientific community at large. Reviewers play a pivotal role not only in helping to evaluate individual manuscript but also in determining the overall quality of the journal. Therefore, we take great care when choosing reviewers and take into account their expertise and reputation in the field as well as our own past experience with them.
Our aim is to complete the whole review process and publication of a manuscript as promptly as possible in order to keep timeliness of the published research. We therefore ask our reviewers to respond to the editor's initial contact with them as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours, and with their review report within 15 days unless otherwise agreed with the editor.
While writing your report please consider that the authors are most likely to have put enormous efforts in conducting research as well as in writing the manuscript. Therefore, aim your report to be critical but constructive and avoid using offensive and discouraging language. In most cases reviewer's a report is conveyed to the authors as such. However, in rare case if we feel that a reviewer has used unfair language or have revealed any confidential information, we may appropriately edit it. There is a standard form for writing your report. You may complete the standard form and send it to the editor by email. While making a judgment on a manuscript we ask you to consider the following points:
- Originality: Is the work original and novel? If not why?
- Interest: Is the work of general or specialized interest?
- Research question: Is the research question clearly defined and answered?
- Design: Is the study adequately designed to answer the research question?
- Abstract: Does it correctly summarize the study?
- Introduction: Does it provide appropriate basis for the study?
- Methods: Are methodological details sufficient? Is any presented statistical analysis
appropriate and sound? Are any additional statistical tests needed?
- Results: Are these logically presented and answer the research question?
- Discussion: Is the literature appropriately and fairly cited? Are the result clearly
and justifiably discussed in the light of published literature?
- Conclusions: Are the claims and inferences drawn from study justified and convincing
or do they need further evidence? Please explain. Should the authors have drawn
any additional conclusions from the presented data?
- References: Are they up to date and relevant? Has any relevant reference been omitted?
- Ethical issue: Does the research raise any ethical concerns regarding the use of
animal or human subjects?
- Overall readability: Is the manuscript clearly and concisely written? If not how
could it be improved? Could it be shortened?
Reviewers are welcome to recommended acceptance or rejection of an article. However, the primary purpose of the review is to provide editors with the analytical argument to help them reach a decision. Therefore, if we have decided against a negative or positive recommendation of a reviewer, it does not imply in any way our lack of confidence in the reviewer's opinion or disregard for the reviewer's expertise. It is likely that the other reviewers may have expressed opposite views and, therefore, quite often we have to base our decisions on conflicting reports, one way or the other.
- A timely return of the reviewers' recommendations is crucial to the publishing process.
Late return of reviews is the main element that delays publication.
- We hope that you will strive to bring to each review your considered expertise,
to judge each paper with an open mind, and to find the right point between judging
too permissively and too strictly.
Advertising in SciEP is available in print, online, and email alerts.
Cover wraps - A high visibility and impactful customized cover with your company's product message which "wraps around" a journal's regular issue.
Inserts - We can insert your preprinted inserts into any journal. This is a great way to distribute your literature straight into the hands of your target audience.
There are a number of advertising positions across our website, including skyscrapers, leaderboards and Mid Page Units.
Our weekly email alerts offer opportunites for the placement of targeted Banner or Text-based advertisements. Our principle audience for these alerts are researchers all over the world.
For, any form of advertising contact us at email@example.com.
This Resources for Librarians area is designed to provide you with useful news,
tools, creative ideas, and opportunities that can help you promote your online resources
to your library community. We hope our site provides all the information you need
about SciEP publications and services. If you require additional information or
have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.