The scope of this special issue to cover the current advancement of fiber composite material utilization and application. Fiber composite is experiencing viable research, innovation, and enhanced product development. Importantly, the global composite market is indicated to reach around US $ 35.1 billion by 2019; that would be accompanied by several developments in the consumption of fiber composite materials. Highest growth is expected in aerospace sector. Fiber composite provides significant contribution in terms of structural component and materials used in aircraft production.
An example may be seen in aircraft, where fiber composite material consumption may reach 50 % or more in weight percentage. Important application areas of fiber composite including aerospace, automotive, building, civil construction are experiencing the introduction of improved fiber composite structures. Cost reduction, weight reduction, improved performance, environment- friendly, and ease of design structure etc., are possibly achievable advantages using fiber composites in product manufacturing.
The aim of this special issue is to report the original recent research work, reviews, market and case studies describing the advancement in fiber composites. All the papers received would be processed through the journal review standard.
About the issue
The scope of topics covered in the this issue include:
- Natural fiber composite- design development, structural studies, performance evaluation, and comparison with synthetic/polymer fiber composite, glass fiber composite etc.,
- Carbon fiber composite- recent development, application, and studies describing the effectiveness of carbon fiber composite utilization,
- Effects of resin system selection on the performance properties of fiber composite
- Fiber composite utilization in aerospace, automotive, building, civil construction,
- Processing/ finishing of fiber composite,
- Evaluation of fiber composite etc.
Submission Deadline: June, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: July, 2015
Final Version Due: August 15, 2015
Special Issue Publishing Date: August 31, 2015
Chief Guest Editor
Prof. Faheem Uddin
Professor Textile Engineering, FE, BUITEMS,Quetta. Pakistan
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Faheem.Uddin@buitms.edu.pk
Dr. Yasir Nawab
Assistant Professor and Chairman Weaving Department, National Textile University, Faisalabad. Pakistan.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your article now
Manuscripts should be submitted as an attached file to an e-mail directed to the Chief Guest Editor, Prof. Faheem Uddin at the address: <email@example.com, Faheem.Uddin@buitms.edu.pk>