Lymphomas are solid tumours of the immune system. Hodgkin's lymphoma accounts for about 10% of all lymphomas, and the remaining 90% are referred to as Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). NHL has significantly increased by 50% from 1973 to 1988. The most frequently occurring NHL is diffuse large cell lymphoma, constituting nearly 30% of all lymphomas. Increased incidence rates for large cell immunoblastic and small noncleaved cell NHL observed during the 1980s are attributable largely to the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome epidemic. Exposure to environmental agents such as herbicides and hair coloring dyes have recently been identified as factors that increase the risk of NHL, but the overall contribution of these factors remains to be identified. The increase in extranodal lymphomas is in part a consequence of the application of modern immunophenotypic and genotypic methods, which lead to the reclassification of pseudolymphomas as monoclonal B-cell neoplasms. The apparent dramatic decline in the incidence of diffuse small cleaved NHL appears to be artifactual, as well, secondary to changes in classification of NHL. NHLs have a wide range of histological appearances and clinical features at presentation, which can make diagnosis difficult. Lymphomas are not rare, and most physicians, irrespective of their specialty, will probably have come across a patient with lymphoma. Timely diagnosis is important because effective, and often curative, therapies are available for many subtypes.
The aim of this special issue is evidence-based guidelines on integrated supportive care for NHL. This issue welcomes all researchers, academicians, and practitioners on all areas related with NHL.
About the issue
The scope of topics covered in the this issue include:
Submission Deadline: August 10, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: August 30, 2015
Final Version Due: September 10, 2015
Special Issue Publishing Date: September 20, 2015
Chief Guest Editor
MSc, Medical Biology Research Center, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Kermanshah, Iran
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Kermanshah, Iran
Department of Pathology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Submit your article now
Manuscripts should be submitted as an attached file to an e-mail directed to the Chief Guest Editor, Masoud Sadeghi at the address: <Sadeghi_mbrc@yahoo.com>
or through the journal's
Paper Submission System.