Teacher education is an integral part of education. It is the spotlight of the 21st century. The teacher occupies a pivotal position in the system of education. Teacher plays an important role as friend, philosopher, guide and helper of the student. The teacher is the backbone of the educational system, maker of the mankind and architect of the society. Thus the role of the teachers is very important in making the nation. The success of education depends on quality of teacher which creates excellence in all walks of life. The qualitative aspects of education depend entirely on the character and personality of the teachers. The American Commission on Teacher Education rightly observes, “The quality of its citizens depends not exclusively, but in critical measure upon the quality of their education. The quality of their education depends more than upon any single factor upon the quality of their teacher”. The National Policy on Education in India (1986) has rightly said, “The status of the teacher reflects the socio-cultural ethos of a society; it is said that no people can rise above the level of its teachers”. Teacher education is that knowledge, skill and ability which as relevant to the life of a teacher. If we throw the light on the Teacher Education Programme in all over the world we would see that a remarkable growth occurred in the field of Teacher Education. At the same time Teacher Education is losing its identity in so many countries. Teacher Education in various countries has been struggling to strengthen its identity. Struggle does not mean degeneration of values and degeneration of institutions. It is true that after persistent struggle there is evident improvement, but, still there is no end to perfection. There are many issues and challenges pertaining to Teacher Education Programme like Policy dilemma, Professional development, Quality Research, Academic Staff Development, E-learning and Teacher Education, ICT and Teacher education, Quality Management in Teacher education, Teacher education in 21st Century, Teacher education Global perspective etc. Teacher Education should be so powerful and graceful that nobody should dare to dictate. It is high time to revive and strengthen the Teacher Education Programme in all over the world.
This special Issue aims, therefore,
• To explore the current Issues and Challenges in the field of Teacher Education in various countries’ in the world.
• To share innovative ideas for the qualitative development of teacher education.
• To analyze the changing context of teacher education in the global scenario.
• To know the development of teacher education during various periods and examine its relevance today.
• To find out the curricula and courses for teacher education in different countries of the world.
• To ascertain the special features of the Teacher Education system in various countries.
• To know the agencies involved in the continuing professional teacher development (CPTD).
• To know the structure of Teacher Education Programme at various levels of education in different countries.
• To know the issues and problems of teacher education.
• To analyze the incentives given to teachers to work towards their professional development.
• To know the quality indicators for teacher education.
• To know the significance of E-learning in Teacher Education.
• To know the significance of ICT in Teacher Education
About the issue
The scope of topics covered in the this issue include:
Teacher Education: Role, Problems and Remedies, Teacher Education at Cross Roads, Today’s Teacher Education-Tomorrow’s Nation, Indicators of Quality in Teacher Education, Teacher Education in 21st Century, Policy Dilemma in Teacher Education, E-Learning and Teacher Education, ICT and Teacher Education, Distance Education and Teacher Education, Code of Professional Ethics for Teacher Educator, Professional Ethics of Teacher Education for Sustainable Future, Constructivist in Teacher Education, Curricula and Courses in Teacher Education, Academic Staff Development and Teacher Education, Examination Reforms in Teacher Education, Research in Teacher Education, Job satisfaction, Total Quality Management in Teacher Education, Professional Upgradation and Teacher Education, Quality Control in Teacher Education, Faculty Improvement Programme for Teacher Education, Performance Appraisal of teachers, Current Trends in Teacher Education, Innovative Practices and Teacher Education, Technology Integrated Teacher Education, Theory and Practice of Teacher Education, Quality Assurance and Teacher Education, RTE and Teacher Education, Teacher Education and Values, Peace Education and Teacher Education. Human Rights Education and Teacher Education; Life skills and Teacher Education, Inclusive education and Teacher Education, Liberalization, Privatization, Globalization, Problems and Prospects of Teacher Education, Knowledge Based Society & Teacher Education, Professionalism and Teacher Education.
Submission Deadline: October 01, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: November 30, 2014
Final Version Due: December 30, 2014
Special Issue Publishing Date: January, 2015
Chief Guest Editor
Santosh Kumar Behera
Submit your article now
Manuscripts should be submitted as an attached file to an e-mail directed to the Chief Guest Editor, Santosh Kumar Behera at the address: <email@example.com>