Higher education is of vital importance for the country, as it is powerful tool to build knowledge based society of the 21st century. Higher Education is the spotlight of the 21st century. Former Indian President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam said that, “Higher Education is a definite imperative for a country’s progress”. World Bank reported that, “The Wealth or Poverty of a Nation depends on the quality of Higher Education”. Higher Education is emerging as a cache of supremacy. So many changes have been taking place at this juncture in the globe. Higher education is the key to a career. Higher Education today is a complex, challenging and competitive reality. Higher Education has to be assessed from a broader perspective in the context of various types of changes in the national and worldwide milieu. Higher Education provides suitable solutions to the problems of human beings, and it is the basis for the culture, trade, commerce, industry, agriculture, political, management and administration, arts, science and technology and quality of overall setting. If the quality of the higher education is not improved, then everything will go fritter away. There is tremendous quantitative expansion of higher education institutions in the world but the level of quality is failing. Issues are many and so are the suggestive measures, therefore, transforming of higher education in the World requires out-and-out debates at various levels so that the process of change may be initiated in a planned way. Higher Education offers opportunities for the exchange of research results, experience and insights, and provides a forum for ongoing discussion between experts. We need such type of education that is modern, liberal and can adapt to the changing needs of a changing society, a changing economy and a changing world. Higher education plays an important role for facing these challenges. Higher education is very important for increasing human development. Higher Education provides opportunities to the people to reflect on the critical social, cultural, moral, economic and spiritual issues facing humanity. Higher education institutions are large, complex, adaptive social systems like all other human organizations. The twenty-first century has brought with it profound challenges to the nature, values, quality and control of higher education in the globe.
Objectives of this special issue:
- • To analyze the changing context of Higher education in the global scenario.
- • To explore the current Issues, Challenges and New Directions in the field of Higher Education in various countries’ in the world.
- • To share innovative ideas for the qualitative development of Higher education.
- • To know the genesis, growth and development of Higher education during various periods and examine its relevance today.
- • To find out the curricula and courses for Higher education in different countries of the world.
- • To ascertain the special features of the Higher Education system in various countries.
- • To know the agencies involved in the continuing Higher Education.
- • To know the quality indicators for Higher education.
- • To know the significance of E-learning in Higher Education.
- • To know the significance of ICT in Higher Education.
- • To disseminate the knowledge of upcoming areas of Higher Education.